Saturday, March 24, 2012

Behold the Allosphere

The Allosphere is a huge 3 story sphere that allows Scientists to visualize in 3D the data sets being studied. High resolution projectors and audio all powered by a super computer. Imagine standing on the viewing deck with your design team working on a multi-disciplinary project that spans nanotechnology, quantum mechanics, engineering, microscopy, biology, attosecond laser science, metrology and holography to solve complex problems. It reminds me somewhat of the holodeck from Star Trek. This would be a fantastic environment to work in and solve engineering problems . It looks like it's straight out of a science fiction movie, but is a real working laboratory environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always welcome constructive comments to promote exchanges of information and Ideas. Please feel free to let me know what you think about my blog or how I might be able to help you.

Cheers
Rick